Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Extras Posteritty signed print Competition Winners!

Firstly, thank you so much for the large response that this competition generated and well done to all who entered, all entries were fun to read. The main man himself was sent all the entries to judge and this is what he had to say:
"From the thousands of entries one scene kept coming up over and over again. I decided to pick the winner from this most cited group. I chose the following entry because it simply summed up the platonic friendship of two average "screw ups."  Thanks to everyone who entered. I really enjoyed reading them and I'm sorry that there can only be one overall winner. Cheers."- Ricky Gervais

The Winning Entry

Winner of this awesome main prize is @milapantovich
"My favorite (as cliché as it might be) is the final scene between Andy and Maggie -- their very realistic platonic friendship turned out to be one of television's most memorable love stories. The scene may seem a bit sad, with Andy's dream of fame finally an empty reality, but it brings such hopeful longing for the future. Reunited, they drive away giggling and happy. Gervais' ability to infuse biting satirical comedy with a deep soulful humanity, always allowing redemption, is the reason why I love his work so much. If these two screw-up's can start over, anyone can. The brief design of the moment makes you miss the characters deeply the moment the credits roll, something I never take for granted in today's general need for the overdone "Big Finish." I adore the final scene." (@milapantovich)

"The second most popular scene was the David Bowie song. I chose this entry because they guessed that I probably couldn't believe my luck in getting to co write a song with my musical hero." - Ricky Gervais
The Runner Up
"David Bowie singing ‘Little Fat Man’, simply for the fact that it is such a unique and hilarious piece of television. I’m such an avid fan of both RG and Bowie, being able to enjoy a moment like that is not something that every TV show can offer. I can only imagine the joy that Ricky Gervais must have experienced in writing that scene and knowing that David Bowie will soon be singing a song that he had written about him, albeit a song about being fat. The scene is such an awkward moment for him, at the height of his fame and unhappy that those around him are so close to him still (It wasn’t the best place to have the VIP area cordoned off halfway through a sitting area, I suppose). Truly a hilarious scene and I thank you for it."(@_RPS.)
Winner of this brilliant Runner Up prize is @_RPS


WELL DONE TO BOTH @milapantovich and @_RPS and thank you again to all that entered, a massive thanks to Ricky for taking the time to judge the entries and for Posteritty for donating these brilliant prizes.



No comments:

Post a Comment